Tuesday, January 5, 2010

NEW!

Ahh, the begining of a new year. For most of the world it's a cause for celebration, and for many it brings about a fresh start, new goals, a weight loss plan, new found inspiration, etc. This New Year brought me a new relationship status.....ENGAGED! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

We rang in the New Year with a group of Wendell's friends. Well, I should just say "OUR" friends as I have grown to love each and every one of them over the last 2+ years we've lived out here.
Wendell's band, Dharma if you don't already know, had a NYE gig. I know I'm a bit biased, but it was a GREAT show. Wendell was such a showman, I was SO proud. And, it was rather sexy! SEE:



If you haven't had a chance to witness their awesomeness, you can check them out here!

While the next band was playing Wendell interrupted them between songs, apologized for the interrupting and called me up on stage. He professed his love and explained to everyone that we've always been an unconventional couple. Then he proceeded to get down on one knee, took my hand in his and asked me to marry him. Before I had a chance to blink the mic was in my face and the yeses were tumbling from my lips and the tears of joy welled up in my eyes. Here's how it went in pictures: The Proposal.....YES!.....The Celebratory Kiss.....







The band then went into Bryan Adam's Heaven (not the crappy DJ Sammy version). It was a nice touch to a perfect moment. We stood on the dancefloor arms wrapped around each other swaying while the band played. We received congratulations throughout the night and had an amazing night surrounded by friends and well wishers. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect start to the New Year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ana you look so cute in those clothes did you know at all that he was gonna propose or was it a complete and total suprize? I am so happy for you and I cried when I read this. SO ROMANTIC! LOVE YOU BITCH! John

musicjunkie said...

It was a total surprise! He just decided on a whim to do propose, which I think is just awesome! I love that you're such a sap

Love you John!