Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm Going, Going, Back, Back to Cali, Cali!

In about 48 hours I will be arriving at LAX. It's been almost two years since I've been back home. While my last two trips home were only for extended weekends, this one is for a whole week! Words cannot express the excitement of getting to spend time with my family and friends; seeing how much my nephews have grown over the past couple of years, and getting to meet my grandneice for the first time.


One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is spending time with my Mom. Not to mention getting to eat some authentic mexican home cooking. Oh, how I've missed her cooking!!!

Another thing I can't wait for.....THE BEACH!!! Hot sand and cool water; and possibly getting some color on my pale legs.

Of course some shopping will be squeezed in. Although, most of my shopping will be done here:






L.A. gets a lot of flack for all the smog, snobs, traffic, etc., but I always have and always will LOVE it! The music and art scenes, the food, the endless entertainment possibilities; I take the good with the bad. Besides, it's the non "Hollywood" parts of L.A. that really make the city the gem that it is.


The main reason for my trip home is the baby shower my Mom and sisters are having for me. Of course, I'd take any reason to visit home. I'm just uber excited to share my pregnancy with my family and friends, even if it is only a weeks worth. Tomorrow is going to draaaaaaaaaaaaag!


The only bad part about going home.....Wendell isn't coming with me.

No comments: